HOPE JOURNEY CRE-8
We had a wonderful day on Thursday 7th October when we were able to welcome 61 children from Greasby Junior School and 28 children from Brookdale Primary School back into church for their annual Hope Journey event.
Cre-8 is written for Year 4 children and we were able to share stories from the Bible and explore Images of God. The children enjoyed workshops exploring
- Jesus calms the storm through Music (including the preparation and use of musical instruments to retell the story)
- The Parable of the Good Samaritan through Poetry. Children wrote a reflection based on the word ‘Neighbour’.
- The Parable of the Sower through Drama to retell the story through actions and mine.
- The Parable of the Wise and Foolish builders through Dance
- The Feeding of the 5000 (thinking about something to share with others whilst enjoying refreshments)
- We shared Images of God workshop and the children drew what God is like on jigsaw pieces. A copy of the jigsaw is displayed in the atrium for your interest.
Children also received a take home leaflet to share the stories with families at home and a memory verse The wise man built his house upon a rock (Matthew chapter 7 v24-27), which happened to be attached to a Rocky Bar!
We look forward to welcoming Year 6 to Hope Journey Remembering on Thursday 11th November
Hope Journey co-ordinator